The Evalucore Institute offers a host of real estate classes and seminars designed around helping individuals and businesses achieve excellence at its finest. Below is a full list of what Rich has to offer! Click on each heading to open.
ABR®- Accredited Buyer Representation (2 Day Course)
The goal of the ABR® Designation Core Course is to establish a foundation of training, skills, and resources to help real estate professionals succeed as a buyer’s representative.
- Prepare real estate professionals to represent buyer-clients in real estate transactions and provide the quality of service and degree of fidelity to buyers that sellers have customarily enjoyed.
- Offer ideas and methods for building a buyer representation business. Focus on the value the continual services you perform on behalf of buyer-clients to build a buyer business platform.
- Develop a self-customized tool for conducting a buyer counseling session. Increase the confidence, gain methods, tools, techniques, and resources to provide the support and services that buyer clients would come to expect.
Special added Bonus material on attracting International Buyers and how to increase a global presents on the International perspective.
SRS®- Sellers Representative Specialist (2 Day Course)
The SRS – Seller Representative Specialist Designation in now a national designation associated with the CRB- Council of Real Estate Broker Managers and has been delivered nationwide to REALTORS® only and has received rave reviews for the course content and direction for today’s Real Estate Brokers and Professionals. (Non-REALTOR® licensees do not qualify for this designation.)
Focuses on providing the REALTOR® practitioner with the tools necessary to represent seller clients in a variety of formats. Particular attention is given to differing listing models, office policies, field issues, legal and code ramifications to representing sellers in today’s changing environment. Topics include manual and e-methods of procuring listings, securing the listing, staging the property and marketing venues, representing the seller client when converting consumer inquiries, co-broking with cooperating agents, protecting the interests of the client when fielding multiple offers, negotiating the offer and inspection phase issues, in addition to following the pending transaction to closing.
CRB- Council of Real Estate Broker Managers (1 Day Courses)
Show Me the Money – Compensation Planning
Welcome to the new CRB Course about compensation! This course covers an integral part of any successful brokerage, which is coming up with a compensation plan. In this course, our goals are the following learning objectives:
1. Identify and understand the relationship between compensation and profitability for a real estate brokerage. 2. List and understand types of compensation to agent:
- 100% commission, including variations and caps
- Draw and commissions
3. Compare and analyze compensation programs and profitability. 4. Employ compensation to direct agents’ efforts, e.g. more listings, more sales. 5. Assess the use of bonuses, both year end and signing. 6. Identify and debate profit sharing; including buy-ins. 7. Construct and share an operating statement for sharing with agents. 8. Construct a sample compensation program for a brokerage.
Managing a Multi-Generational Business
For the first time in modern history, 4 generations – Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials – are working side by side and presenting new challenges for managers and their employees in the workplace. A definite lack of awareness exists among these four distinct generations. Typically, those of each generation feel they know best, better than those who came earlier, and certainly much better than the new kids on the block. This leads to management challenges and productivity issues.
But whether this multi-generational workplace feels happy and productive or challenging and stressful is, in large part, up to you: the boss. How should you relate to agents and employees of different age groups? How do you motivate someone much older or much younger than you? And finally: what can you do to encourage agents and employees of different generations to share their knowledge?
It is important to understand where each generation is coming from: When they were born, what factors influenced them growing up, what they value and what motivates them. But don’t make the mistake of thinking people are just their “generation”. Each group has its own distinct characteristics, values, and attitudes toward work, based on its generation’s life experiences. At first, the challenges of understanding how those from other generations think can be an obstacle that creates conflict and miscommunication. However, with a little discussion and understanding, organizations can capitalize on the value each group brings to the office.
This Course will help you bridge the generational gaps, building awareness that will lead to better hires, happier employees, stronger teams, and a healthier office/company. It helps participants understand what makes each generation unique, and how each adds its own perspective and value to the workplace.
At the conclusion of the Course, participants should be able to:
- Define the four generations and how they see the world – Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials.
- Address motivational issues by understanding the 4 generations more thoroughly.
- Decrease negative judgements and generational stereotyping.
- Improve decision-making by practicing real world critical incident scenarios.
- Acquire an overall appreciation for generational differences.
- Discover why good cross-generational management matters and how to head off conflict between generations.
- Recognize favored communication styles and effective learning styles for each generation.
- Discuss the positive attributes that each generation brings to the work environment.
- Take a close look at goals, challenges, expectations, and motivating factors.
Creating a Profitable Real Estate Company
Creating profit in real estate requires focus and diligence, as well as an understanding of the areas of your business you must be paying attention to as a business owner.
This one day course will help the real estate business owner understand basic accounting principles, the importance of recruiting to profitability, and an understanding of when you should hire someone to assist you in running the financial part of your business so you can stay focused on your team members.
You will also learn the importance of monthly reporting and the analysis and interpretation of your financial position against profitability.
- Understanding Financial Terminology and Reports
- Leadership and Profitability
- Recruiting to your Business Plan
- Recruiting and Profit
- Financial Analysis
- Budgeting and Reporting
Building a Business Plan that Gets Results
Strategic business planning and implementation are fundamental to the success of any real estate company. The plan must be relevant and address both internal and external changes and challenges. In addition, it must be guided by the company’s values, vision and mission. It should also be executed so that every staff and/or team member is positioned to optimize their contribution.
This one-day course provides you with a process for developing a strategic business plan, guidelines for implementing that plan and methods for how to apply the plan to real world situations.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a clear mission statement that guides your decision making.
- Understand the impact of external dynamics and internal change within your business.
- Develop action-oriented objectives and assign responsibility and accountability.
- Examine the effects and impact of both marketplace and company changes on planning.
- Establish a control of discipline to organize, implement and manage the business plan.
Exit Strategies for Real Estate Brokerage Owners
Strategic planning of your company’s exit strategy is fundamental to the future of any real estate company. The plan must be relevant and address both internal and external changes and challenges. Even if you are just beginning your journey in business, it is important to have an exit strategy. It will not only help you keep a clear focus of your end result, but also share a clear vision with your staff and help to navigate through challenging times along the way.
This one-day course provides you with an understanding of the importance of developing a successful exit strategy for your business. You will leave with a wealth of knowledge in necessary considerations, examples of success exit strategies and the guidelines for developing your own exit strategy.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of developing a successful exit strategy for your business.
- Determine value in your business based on contributing internal and external factors.
- Define important vocabulary and terms associated with creating exit strategies.
- Understand exit strategies from the perspective of both the buyer and seller.
- Evaluate your business in preparing your exit strategy.
Performance Leadership – Coach, Manage, & Mentor
Today’s managers must deal with a myriad of leadership challenges, such as recruiting, managing turnover, training and mentoring; in addition to running a successful and profitable business. To succeed, you must develop and implement a leadership strategy that addresses these challenges and has the flexibility to adapt to different personalities and different situations
As a result of this course students will be able to:
- Develop effective sales associates who are aligned with the company’s culture.
- Understand & adjust your leadership style based on the individual and the situation.
- Harness performance strategies to ensure agents will reach their full potential.
- Describe the ideal candidate for a sales agent.
- Create a retention strategy as part of the sales development process.
- Identify individuals motivating factors.
- Describe Situational Leadership.
- Identify the critical elements of a learning program.
- Implement a learning program.
- List skill development needs of your agents.
- Develop the skills necessary to coach, mentor and hold people accountable.
Recruiting for Success: Creating a Vibrant Real Estate Organization
This course was created to help brokers, owners, and managers understand how important recruiting is to having a successful real estate office or company. At the end of this course you will have the tools necessary to implement a strategy to become an active and successful recruiter. You will also understand the importance of retention, or “re-recruiting” your current agents. And you will have a great understanding of the importance of “de-hiring” those agents who should not be a part of your organization.
- Why Recruiting is Vital to Success
- Creating a Value Proposition – Why should someone want to work with you?
- Your Company Culture
- The Recruiting Process
- Identifying and Targeting the Right Team Members
- The Interview and Hiring Decision
- Retention Processes
C-RETS – Team Certification
This new credential is a certification — which means no membership or recurring annual dues. The Real Estate Business Institute (REBI) confers the C-RETS credential upon completion of the course requirements and remittance of a one-time $159 credentialing fee.
RENE – Negotiating Certification
RENE is the FIRST and ONLY negotiating certification recognized by the National Association of REALTORS®.
This new credential is a certification — which means no membership or recurring dues. The Real Estate Business Institute (REBI) — an affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS® — confers the certification upon completion of the course requirements and remittance of a one-time $159 credentialing fee.
How to Earn… Be a member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®
- Complete the 1-day core course — “The Power Negotiators Playbook”
- Complete the 1-day course — “Advanced Field Negotiations”
- Submit the Application with non-refundable $159 one-time credentialing fee (there are no recurring annual dues or membership)
NOTE: Due to the nature of the group exercises and role playing, online versions of these courses are not practical.
The Power Negotiators Playbook (1 day course)
This new 1-day Course is an interactive experience to help negotiators elevate their game! This course examines all types of negotiation formats and methods so that today’s negotiators can play the game to win. A full spectrum of tips, tools, techniques and advantages will be provided so that negotiators can provide effective results for their client.
CIPS®- Certified International Property Specialist (1 Day Courses)
The CIPS course curriculum offers you hands-on experience with international real estate transactions, as well as five full days of study focusing on the critical aspects of transnational transactions, including: Currency and exchange rate issues, Cross-cultural relationships, Regional market conditions, Investment performance and Tax issues.
Global Real Estate: Local Markets: (1 day course)
This introductory course offers you an overview of the international real estate business environment, including capital flow, currencies, government regulations, and cultures. Topics such as international brokerage, networking, marketing, and selling will also be discussed.
Global Real Estate: Local Markets is the first of seven international courses developed by Global Business and Alliances of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR). This course is designed to introduce real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international real estate transactions. This is the prerequisite course required to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation.
The course is designed to benefit experienced international professionals, individuals with real estate experience who are considering international specialization, and NAR general membership.
As the first CIPS course, Global Real Estate: Local Markets introduces participants to the unique dimensions of international practice. The course is designed to create an awareness of:
- Globalization of economies
- International capital flow
- Effects of currency exchange on transactions
- Basic principles and trends in international investment
- U.S. regulation of inbound investment
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Diversity and inclusive real estate practices
- Marketing and business planning strategies
- Roles and expectations in international transactions
Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools (1 day course)
This course provides you with the tools needed to present investment information to international clients—in their currency and area. You will learn how to measure investment performance, prepare financial projections, and understand the effects of taxes and exchange rates on investment.
The Business of U.S. Real Estate (1 day course)
This course provides international real estate practitioners with knowledge of the role of real estate in the U.S. economy and society. The course will describe the role of real estate in the U.S. economy and society as well as knowledge of the U.S. real estate marketplace. The course materials provide information on the requirements, regulations, and laws associated with working as a real estate professional in the U.S. and skills for facilitating real estate transactions in the U.S. market.
Europe and International Real Estate (1 day course)
This course provides you with insight in regards to working with clients in Western and Central Europe. Topics include: the European Union and its impact on international real estate, economic and real estate trends, networking and relationship building, and marketing and selling practices.
Asia/Pacific and International Real Estate (1 day course)
This course addresses real estate practices in Asia and the Pacific with emphasis on cultural influences, economic trends, and assessment of investment opportunities. An extra chapter on working with the Japanese is also included.
The Americas and International Real Estate (1 day course)
This course offers you practical information on working with Caribbean, North, Central, and South American investors. Historical and cultural influences, regional relationship, and investment opportunities are covered along with a special focus on Mexico.
At Home with Diversity (1 day course)
The class teaches real estate professionals how they can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. It addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural differences. Participants will learn practical skills and tools to expand business and effectively service all cultural groups.
At Home with Diversity (AHWD) (1-day course)
The At Home With Diversity® course is part of a comprehensive cultural diversity outreach program that will help real estate companies diversify their workplaces and improve the industry’s ability to serve culturally diverse consumers. NAR and HUD undertook a joint effort in 1998 to certify real estate professionals who are trained regarding cultural diversity and outreach and have made a commitment to a set of diversity principles. The training, built on the letter and spirit of the Fair Housing Act, provides participants with tools to build diversity outreach into their business plans to best serve a dynamic and growing market. This course is available to all professionals involved in the real estate transaction.
At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches how real estate professionals can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. Additionally, you will learn to thrive as an effective service provider and community leader. The course addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural differences. All three subjects are closely related and have value for real estate professionals who must serve diverse local markets.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Access and analyze U.S. demographic information to understand the impact of current trends on the real estate industry.
- Examine cultural stereotypes, assumptions, and biases to increase awareness of such thoughts and attitudes, and learn how to value individual differences.
- Explain how inclusion is the aim of diversity sensitivity, and how it will increase business and enhance risk management.
- Communicate more effectively, and provide equal service to clients in their multicultural local markets.
- Apply and practice the One America Principles and fair housing laws.
- Build and expand the understanding of cultural differences.
- Develop professional and sensitive guidelines for working with people of different cultures.
- Identify personal objectives and review potential strategies to create business plans that include diversity.
SRES®- Senior Real Estate Specialist (2 Day Course)
This course helps real estate professionals develop the business-building skills and resources for specialization in the 50+ real estate market by expanding knowledge of how life stages impact real estate choices, connecting to a network of resources, and fostering empathy with clients and customers.
It seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers. Develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+real estate market.
Military Relocation Professional Certification (1 day course)
The goal of Military Relocation Professional Certification Core Course is to educate real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs—as sellers or buyers–and take full advantage of military benefits and support. Students will learn how to provide the real estate services—at any stage in the service member’s military career—that meet the needs of this niche market and win future referrals.
- Learn the processes and procedures involved in a military relocation and how these impact servicemembers’ relocation and housing choices.
- Use demographics of the military market to formulate business strategies and determine service offerings for sellers and buyers.
- Provide information to help members through a rent or buy, sell or rent decision-making process.
- Enhance your sensitivity to the emotional issues involved when a military family relocates.
- Identify and provide services that help service members sell or find and purchase suitable homes.
- Apply knowledge of the military relocation process to guide service members through the real estate transaction.
- Explain the basics of VA financing.
- Recognize situations in which a buyer is eligible for VA financing.
SFR-Short Sales and Foreclosure Representative (1 Day Course)
For many real estate professionals, short sales and foreclosures represent the new “traditional” real estate transaction. Knowing how to maneuver the complexities of short sales as well as how to identify the distinct real estate opportunities in foreclosure are not merely good skills to have in today’s market-they are critical. This course helps students evaluate all available options for distressed homeowners and identify the components of an effective short-sale package. This course looks at how real estate professionals can counsel buyer-clients in the purchase of foreclosure properties. And as a practical resource, this course shows students how consumers can avoid foreclosure in the future.
GREEN (1 Day Courses)
This unique program provides vital training, support, and information to real estate professionals who are looking to advance their businesses and raise awareness in their community about the cost savings, health benefits and overall value of homes with green features. NAR’s Green Designation does more than introduce REALTORS® to this important topic, it encourages dialogue amongst industry professionals about the positive change in housing toward smarter, healthier, more sustainable homes and neighborhoods.
To obtain and use NAR’s Green Designation, three (3) course requirements must be fulfilled:
1. Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future – Awareness and Comprehension
2. Green 200: The Science of Green Building – Research and Insight
3. Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business – Application Skills
Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future
- Lead students through an exploration of issues and trends in relation to real estate’s role in finding the balance between people, planet, and prosperity
- Instill the mindset essential to building a green-focused real estate business
- Enable students to provide objective information to clients and customers on nationally recognized certifications and ratings programs that evaluate homes, products, energy efficiency, and professionals
Green 200: The Science of Green Building
- Familiarize students with green principles and choices in home design and construction
- Raise awareness of innovative materials, systems, and construction methods
- Learn about energy-efficient systems including onsite power generation
- Distinguish levels and cost-benefits of retrofitting, remodeling, or renovating existing homes.
Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business
- Plan and implement strategies and tactics for building a green real estate business
- Adapt your core real estate business skills to list and market green properties and represent green sellers and buyers
Green 300: Property Management
As the property management elective course for NAR’s Green Designation program, this course takes a closer look at sustainable strategies, practices, and considerations in managing a full spectrum of properties–from commercial to multi-family. NAR’s Green Designation Property Management Elective Course helps students understand the real estate manager’s specific roles with regard to water conservation, energy efficiency, water efficiency, and indoor environmental quality. This course looks at methods for assessing use and supply of these resources as well as strategies that can contribute to lasting financial and environmental benefits for owners and tenants.
- Sustainability of Real Estate Management (Aligning goals to assets, Analyze financial, environmental governmental, and voluntary drives, Solutions for different property types)
- Sustainable Property Operations (Integration of MGMT, Maintenance practices into property operations, Sustainability goals on environmental impact, attract and retention of tenants, and tenant renovations & property improvements)
- Increasing Energy Efficiency (Real Estate Managers role in efficiency, Assessment of property, efficiency through operations, maintenance, equipment & technology)
- Increasing Water Efficiency (Real Estate Managers role in efficiency, Assessment of property, efficiency through operations, maintenance, equipment & technology)
- Improving indoor Environmental Quality (Real Estate Managers role in efficiency, Assessment of property, efficiency through operations, maintenance, equipment & technology)
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle (Real Estate Managers role in reducing, reusing and recycling, Assessing property waste output and disposal, evaluating financial and environmental benefits)
- The Sustainable Real Estate Management Company (Creating a “Walk to Talk” office environment, Identifying TEAM professionals and Outsourcing, Designations, Certifications, Accreditations, Best Business Practices, Business Development and Future Marketing.
Green: Commercial (1 Day Course)
Developed specifically for commercial real estate practitioners and an approved elective for NAR’s Green Designation, this one-day course helps students understand the size of the market for sustainable commercial property, the role of the commercial real estate practitioner in the brokerage of these properties, certifications and rating systems for high-performance green buildings, and techniques and strategies to accomplish sustainability goals. In addition, the valuation and financing of sustainable commercial properties are examined.
- Motivations and Trends (Sustainable Commercial Buildings, Quantitative & Qualitative)
- Brokers Role in Sustainable Commercial Property (Building types, Relevant Market Data, Benefits & Risks of remodeling and retrofitting, Assessing Client Goals & Needs)
- Certifications and Ratings (Certifications of building designs and energy use)
- Advance Concepts in Sustainable Design (New Construction, Remodeling/ Retrofitting)
- Existing Buildings (GREEN Improvements, Operations & Maintenance, Capital Upgrades)
- Valuation and Financing of Sustainable Commercial Property (Value of GREEN, Value with Owners, Lenders and Appraisers, Funding, Underwriters and the approach to Valuation)
BPO’s The Agent’s Role in the Valuation Process
Whether you are experienced at preparing broker price opinions or are new to the business, this brand-new course from NAR will provide you with the resources and knowledge to reduce your risk and increase your opportunities. Learn about the multiple uses of BPOs and what they can and cannot be used for, how to evaluate and minimize the risk of the valuation process, identify and use effective tools, and filter and select comparables in order to create professional and accurate BPOs.
With the changing real estate landscape and the increased use of broker price opinions (BPOs) by market participants, the National Association of REALTORS® is offering a new certification, BPO Resource, recognizing REALTORS® who have completed NAR’s BPO education program. The new certification course provides REALTORS® with knowledge and skills to reduce risk and increase opportunities to create professional and accurate BPOs. This one-day course will explore the multiple uses of BPOs, how they can and cannot be used, and how to filter and select comparables to create expert and precise BPOs.
Upon completion of the core course, “BPOs: The Agent’s Role in Property Valuation”, members will need to take a free webinar and pay a one-time fee to earn the BPOR certification. Members who earn the BPOR Certification will be eligible to receive BPO orders and earn BPO revenue.
The average number of paid BPO assignments received by members who have completed the application process has been more than ten each month over each of the last six months of the program.
- Eligibility to receive BPO orders
- Usage of the BPOR letters after your name and in your marketing materials
- BPOR digital certificate
- Differentiation as a BPOR in the Realtor.org Online directory
- Logo files that can be used on business cards, email signatures and print ads
- BPOR pins available for purchase
- No annual certification dues (must maintain membership in NAR to use BPOR)
- Differentiation as a BPOR on Realtor.com®
- Elective course for the ABR® designation
How to become BPOR certified:
- Complete the one-day course “BPOs: The Agent’s Role in the Valuation Process” with a passing examination score of 80%.
- Submit BPOR application online at www.BPOR.org and $199 one-time application fee.
- View a free one-hour webinar on BPO best practices which will be available after you have submitted your application online.
- Be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS® or one of its international cooperating associations.
- Note: You must have been licensed for at least 2 ½ years and have an E&O policy (coverage through brokerage or individual policy) with $250,000 minimum coverage per incident and $500,000 aggregate maximum in order to be enrolled in the preferred provider panel.
WCR Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals (1 day course)
Effective negotiating on behalf of others is the hallmark of the buyer’s and seller’s representatives. This course examines positional bargaining and value negotiating. It also examines unique issues when representing someone in a negotiation and breaking a negotiation impasse.
The Effective Negotiating course counts as one of the three designation courses required for the Performance Management Network Designation. This is a new curriculum course and will satisfy the designation transition for current LTGs. It also meets the elective course requirement for the ABR® Designation awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC). A copy of the course completion certificate is required to receive credit towards your ABR® designation.
In this course, we will be examining the main types of negotiating. As a result of completing this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the main negotiating practices
- List specific steps in the Positional Bargaining and Value Negotiating processes
- Select the appropriate negotiating practices based on specific negotiating circumstances
- Apply processes of positional bargaining and value negotiating during role playing activities and case scenarios
- Identify factors that could lead to impasse
- Overcome barriers in a negotiation that otherwise would lead to impasse
e-PRO® Certification (1 day course)
The evolution of e-PRO® was developed through a partnership of The National Association of REALTORS®(NAR) and the Social Media Marketing Institute (SMMI) to familiarize today’s agents with the latest technology and social media tools to enhance their business and help them engage with customers and other real estate professionals.
e-PRO® will now be available in 2 parts (Day 1 and Day 2). Day 1 will be available in a live classroom setting or online. Day 2 will be available in an online format in early 2011.
NAR’s new e-PRO® curriculum shows you how to use the latest social media technologies, such as Facebook and Twitter, to create an online presence vital to reaching today’s hyper-connected consumers. e-PRO® also teaches you how to take advantage of rich media and e-office strategies to run your business more efficiently.
By becoming an e-PRO®, you not only prove to consumers that you use the most advanced real estate technology to provide exceptional service, you take the lead in your market with the many benefits the e-PRO® certification offers your business including:
- Use of e-PRO® logo and name
- Differentiation at Realtor.org and at Realtor.com®
- Customizable e-PRO® marketing materials
- Searchable and modifiable e-PRO® online profile
- Free e-PRO® webinars
- Increased industry networking opportunities
NAR’s e-PRO® Certification Program Requirements
To earn NAR’s e-PRO® Certification, you must successfully complete the two-day e-PRO® program and be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®:
- e-PRO®: Day 1 – offered online in Day 1/Day 2 bundle only through REALTOR® University or in live classroom setting. (Day 1 cannot be taken as a stand-alone course online.) The first day of e-PRO® coursework covers a wide range of topics, including the changing market, the modern consumer and how to use new real estate technologies to your advantage.
- e-PRO®: Day 2 – offered exclusively online either as stand-alone course (upon completion of Day 1 in a classroom) or as part of the Day 1/Day 2 bundle through REALTOR® University. The second day of the e-PRO® online real estate course curriculum provides a hands-on experience using social media such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and teaches you how to use these technologies to build your business.
Once you have successfully completed both days of the e-PRO® coursework, you will automatically be awarded NAR’s e-PRO® certification.
Generation Buy (1-day course)
At any given time, today’s real estate professionals may be working with four generations of real estate buyers: Millenials, Generation X, the Baby Boomers, and Matures. So how do real estate professionals assess the distinct wants and needs of these generations and nurture real estate client relationships for a lifetime? Say hello to Generation Buy.
In this one-day course, students will examine the characteristics of these home buying generations and evaluate their expectations (expectations of the agent and the transaction) as well as communication preferences. As a turnkey resource, this course offers generation-specific marketing tools, networking tips, scripts, and counseling strategies to help real estate professionals formalize their agency relationships.
HAFA Short Sales Course (1 day course)
This course from NAR on HAFA (Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives) provides in-depth coverage of US Treasury, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac programs. Since 2007, short sales have been an unfortunate but widespread fact of many real estate marketplaces and these newly introduced programs assist homeowners who need to sell their homes. This course explains the similarities and differences in the three HAFA programs in detail and will give you the tools to assist your sellers in processing short sales more efficiently. The HAFA Short Sales course counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied towards the ABR® designation. It can be completed in a classroom.
This brand-new course from NAR on HAFA (Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives) provides in-depth coverage of US Treasury, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac programs. Since 2007, short sales have been an unfortunate but widespread fact of many real estate marketplaces and these newly introduced programs assist homeowners who need to sell their homes. This course explains the similarities and differences in the three HAFA programs in detail and will give you the tools to assist your sellers in processing short sales more efficiently.
Harnessing the Power: Skill Based Performance Management (1-day course)
This course will teach you how to harness the power of performance management skills to challenge yourself, to manage your time effectively, to build credibility, and develop a personal vision. The Harnessing the Power: Skills Based Performance Management course counts as one of the three designation courses required for the Performance Management Network Designation. It also meets the elective course requirement for the ABR® Designation awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC).
What separates the best from the rest? The best have systems not just for their real estate businesses but for themselves. They have harnessed the power of performance management skills to challenge themselves, to manage their time effectively, to build credibility and develop a personal vision. This course will show you how to eliminate the obstacles that conspire to prevent you from getting to that next level in your business and in your life.
- Know how to recognize and eliminate self sabotage
- Challenge yourself to expect and achieve more in the important areas of your life
- Develop a personal vision for your business and other life areas and gain tools for achievement
- Understand how to minimize resistance to change and power your performance as a result
Introduction to Real Estate Auction (1 day course)
The Introduction to Real Estate Auction Course is designed to show how real estate professionals can use auctions as a means of selling or buying real estate. Real estate auctions are profitable, professional, and on the rise. Learn how auctions work, how to partner with an auctioneer, and how to use auctions as a unique marketing tool to grow your consumer base. Gain a competitive advantage with this ABR® one-day, elective course.
Written as a primer for residential and commercial real estate professionals who have had little to no experience using auctions, this course helps students how to use the auction method of marketing, identify good candidates for real estate auctions, and network with an auction firm and/or auction professionals.
RLI Land 101 (2-day course)
This 2-day course offering from the REALTORS® Land Institute’s (RLI) Land University program will address a broad range of topics in this real estate specialty, including: the basics of land brokerage, farms and ranches, undeveloped land, transactional and developed land, land subdivision and wholesaling, sight selection and land parcel assemblage, and environmental issues.
Land 101 counts as credit toward earning the Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) designation, awarded by RLI. It also meets the elective course requirement for the ABR® Designation awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) and may be eligible for Continuing Education (CE) credit. Consult your state board to see about CE credit eligibility. A copy of the course completion certificate is required to receive credit towards your ABR® designation.
Real Estate Marketing Reboot (1 day course)
One of the reasons why licensees fail or only achieve modest success is their inability to focus on the consumer’s needs and to market their services accordingly. In the past, marketing courses have dealt with marketing the seller’s property as opposed to marketing to the buyer. Structured to inspire novel marketing approaches to create a personal “brand” this course encourages students to look everywhere for differentiating marketing opportunities that grab the attention of buyers.
Do you think your marketing plans and strategies at the height of the boom work as well for you today as they did then? Think again. It’s time to reconsider how you promote yourself and attract new business. It’s time for a real estate marketing REBOOT. In this one-day course, students will revisit marketing fundamentals, branding, relationship marketing with an emphasis on electronic tools, social media, blogs, Twitter, podcasts, and really simple syndication (RSS) feeds, Web site search engine optimization (SEO), among other technologies. Practical tips in addition to examples of how agents leveraging these tools in the field make this course a must for all real estate professionals.
Resort and Second-Home Markets (2-day course)
This two-day core course focuses on the knowledge and skill base that real estate professionals need to specialize in buying, selling, or managing second homes in a resort, recreational, and/or vacation destination and properties for investment, development, or retirement.
The course is designed to teach the essentials of buying, selling, or managing resort properties and second homes for recreation, investment, and development by U.S. and international clients and customers in the United States.
Skills and Knowledge Foundation
- Focus on developing the skills required to be successful in the second-home vacation and investment market.
- Use market statistics and knowledge of the motivations for a second-home purchase to develop a business strategy and make business decisions about capturing and serving the market.
- Identify the impact of trends and issues on business strategy and client and customer service.
Customers, Clients and Properties
- Determine your market and customer/client profile.
- Compare and contrast characteristics of types of second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Explain second-home financing and ownership options.
- Help clients and customers evaluate and choose the type of property, form of ownership, and financing options that meet their second-home objectives.
Building Your Business
- Use information about trends affecting second-home vacation and investment properties to develop and improve marketing strategies and tactics.
Develop communication and marketing tactics for building customer and client relationships with long-distance and long time-frame buyers and sellers.
Tax and Investment
- Explain investment terminology in relation to second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Explain the IRS guidelines for tax treatment of second-home vacation and investment properties including the fourteen-day rental rule and its implications.
- Analyze and explain the tax implications of converting investment property to personal use property.
- Recognize the applicability of the Foreign Investment Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA), comply with its regulations, and explain its requirements to clients and customers involved in a transaction with a foreign buyer or seller.
- Recognize situations in which a tax-deferred 1031 exchange would be possible and advantageous.
- Help the client or customer analyze the investment value of a property.
Resort and Second-Home Markets – Continued
- Comply with SEC guidelines regarding investment advice.
- Recognize the impact of regulatory, insurance, growth, and environmental issues on the purchase, sale, and ownership of second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Tap into sources of information on complying with local, state, and national regulations of second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Participate in influencing regulatory and tourism entities to shape a favorable environment for the purchase, sale, and ownership of second-home vacation and investment properties.
RPR® (Realtors Property Resource®) (1 Day Course)
Real-Time Data, Market Knowledge, Informed Consumers
The RPR®: Real-Time Data, Market Knowledge, Informed Consumers course educates real estate professionals about real estate market research and valuation tools that consumers can access online and the pros and cons of automated valuation models (AVM. The course covers how Realtors Property Resource® tools help real estate buyers and sellers make informed decisions, as well as how REALTORS® can combine their specific expertise RPR tools to benefit clients and customers before, during, and after the real estate transaction.
- Familiarize real estate professionals with the real estate market research and valuation tools that consumers can access today.
- Weigh the pros and cons of automated valuation models (AVMs) and how they obtain data and calculate data.
- Apply RPR® tools to help real estate clients and customers—buyers and sellers—make informed decisions.
- Combine real estate experience and expertise with RPR®-enhanced MLS data, tools, and reports to benefit clients and customers before, during, and after the real estate transaction.
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR™) is NAR’s exclusive online real estate database and provides REALTORS® with information on every parcel of property in the United States as well as a robust portfolio of market trend data, advanced analytical reports, and detailed maps. In this course, you will learn how automated valuation models (AVMs) may influence consumers’ online real estate research efforts. You will also learn how REALTORS® can leverage the full analytical power of the RPR™ in their listing presentations and buyer counseling sessions. Specific scripts and step-by-step instructions on how to run the seller’s report, property report, and market activity report are included.
Successful Buyer Representation in New Home Sales(1-day course)
A comprehensive look at the special complexities of working with buyers who are searching for a newly built or yet-to-be built home. Learn where and how to find new home sales business; understand how the development and new-home sales processes work and the type of services the buyer needs.
The overall goals of the ABR® Designation course are to educate and prepare buyer’s reps to provide the kind of service and fidelity to buyers that sellers have always enjoyed, and to offer methods for building your buyer representation business. In each course module, you will examine a different topic, and together they create a comprehensive guide to help you become an effective, efficient-and profitable-buyer’s representative.
Successful Buyer Representation in Relocation
This course examines the important growth area of relocation representing buyers who are being transferred by an employer or who are moving to take up employment. Unlike conventional home buyers, relocation clients are often completely unfamiliar with their new area and in need of expert guidance and counseling. Learn where and how to find relocation business, how the relocation process works, and what type of services the relocating buyer-client needs.
To keep pace with a changing real estate market, buyer’s representatives need to find new buyers to serve and new services to bring them. One important growth area is relocation buyers who are transferred by an employer or who move to take up employment. Relocation buyers have all the concerns of all other buyers, plus the added stress associated with moving to an unfamiliar area. They are often in desperate need of representation and counseling. To best serve a transferee, a buyer’s representative needs to have a thorough understanding of the relocation process as well as the specialized services transferees’ needs. Working within the relocation process, relationship building and marketing your new niche are just a few central skills examined in this course.